As with any other machinery, blenders should be maintained on a daily basis. In addition, we recommend weekly maintenance.
- Make sure the main power switch is off and the motor is unplugged.
- Remove the motor base from the sound enclosure (stand) or countertop. Remove the rubber gasket from the rim of the steel base and wash the gasket with a mild detergent.
- Wipe the metal top and sides of the blender with a damp cloth. Mild cleaners like Windex may be used.
- Gently replace the blender in stand/countertop. The switch can break if an excess of force is applied.
- Fill blender drive socket with a strong cleaning solution. DO NOT OVERFILL. Let stand for five minutes.
- Clean the inside ridges and grooves of drive socket with an ice pick or other hard pointed tools.
- Turn the motor upside down to drain material from the drive socket. Use a paper towel or rag to dry the area and replace the motor.
Tip and Precautions:
- Never use abrasives to clean the blender base, jar, or sound enclosure. This will dull and scratch the surface.
- Do not use a water jet to clean this equipment.
- NEVER submerge the unit in water.